Tuesday 12 June 2012

Kazakhstan – The first parental visit to the steppe


23-29 May 2012

Hello everyone!

May is undoubtedly one of our busier months in school. With reports due and assessments to mark, we are under the proverbial mountain of work. Consequently there is little to report of late regarding excursions and exciting adventure, but the nature of this country means that something interesting is always happening, and people are always visiting. We had two very different visitors this month.


We hosted an Aussie traveller called Johanna, a lovely girl who was maneuvering her way through Asia on a break from work. She was great fun to have around, though I didn’t see too much of her. I had other visitors, you see…


My parents are wonderful, brave people who are willing to venture out of their comfort zone in order to see me in my element. They did so – having enormous fun in the process – in Korea, and decided to come and visit me in Kazakhstan for a week. They saw all of the sights…





…ate lots of the food (as well as trying Kumis, which didn’t go down so well)…







…basked in the sunshine…




…and had a blast.




They were on holiday so weren’t keen on waking up early. As a result they were having breakfast whilst many of us were jogging around the pyramid park in a 10k race. The ‘gold’ medal I won subsequently melted in the scorching sunshine. Quality manufacturing.





My parents left Kazakhstan in the early hours of a warm Wednesday morning. It was great to see them and for them to see the latest country I have lived in. I followed them out of the country two hours later. Why? You’ll find out next time. A school trip with a difference…

  
Love you all

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment